Welcome to Sedona’s “THE PAINTED LANAI”, where both rejuvenation and adventures begin!
No matter what it is you’re looking for, or what your interests are. “The Painted Lanai” and the adjoining Red Rock Mountains of the Coconino National Forest, is the gateway to a fantastic holiday! Below you’ll find some helpful tips, information and links to help you schedule your day(s).
IMPORTANT NOTE: See Sedona’s Chamber of Commerce, visitor’s center for your PARKING PASSES. It’s located in uptown (331 Forest Road) and is open daily from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas days only). SEE: https://sedonachamber.com/visitor-center/
SEDONA’S CALEDAR OFEVENTS:
USEFUL TIPS AND INFORMATION:
GUIDED TOURS & ADVENTURES:
TRAIL MAPS & RATINGS:
ROAD MAP OF SEDONA: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sedona
DISCOUNTS & COUPONS:
101 THINGS TO DO:
1. Hike, walk or bike one of the 300+ trails in the area,
miles of trails in Sedona.
Join the hiking club, https://sedonawesterners.org/index.php
2. For those rock climbers,
3. Enjoy the Sedona Mountain Bike Festival in March, http://sedonamtbfestival.com/
4. Rent a scooter or electric bicycle, https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=bikerentals&find_loc=Sedona%2C+AZ+86336
5. Explore the Native Cliff Dwellings,
AT THE VISTORS CENTER:
6. Visit the Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center, Uptown.
7. GET YOUR PARKING PASS FOR THE TRAILS AND VIEWPOINTS.
8. Run, walk, volunteer at the Sedona Marathon Event (February).
BOOK A TOUR:
9. Take a guided tour, https://www.sedona.net/tours
10. Take a tour ride on the Trolley, http://www.sedonatrolley.com/
11. Soar above the Red Rocks in a bi-plane or helicopter.
12. Take a Jeep Tour, https://www.sedona.net/jeep-tours
13. Wow yourself by the views in a hot air balloon,
15. Go horseback riding.
16. Take the Verde Canyon Railroad.
17. Bird watch anywhere in Sedona,
18. Explore the Native Cliff Dwellings, https://www.arizona-leisure.com/palatki-indian-ruins.html
19. Visit Montezuma Castle National Monument.
20. Visit Tuzigoot National Monument.
21. Visit V Bar V Cultural Site – Over 100 petroglyphs.
22. Visit Jordan Historical Park – It’s FREE too! Park Uptown off Jordan Road-Scenic walk.
23. Explore Dead Horse Ranch State Park.
24. Explore Jerome State Historical Park.
25. Visit the “House of Apache Fire” at Red Rock State Park.
RESTAURANTS AND FOOD:
26. Enjoy a restaurant with a view, https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=restaurants+with+a+view&find_
27. Enjoy a delicious Sunday brunch at one of many fine restaurants.
28. Enjoy raw and organic treats at local cafes.
29. Enjoy dinner and a show at Blazin M Ranch.
31. Dine at one of the many restaurants.
32. Eat an ice cream cone in Uptown.
33. Eat and learn at the Sedona VegFest (January).
34. Enjoy a latte and treat, https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=coffee&find_loc=Sedona%2C+AZ+86336
35. Our favorite, The Wildflower “Eat, Sip & Enjoy”, https://www.wildflowerbread.com/location/the-shops-at-pinon-pointe/
36. Explore the Sedona Arts Center.
37. Wander through over 80 fine art galleries.
38. Enjoy the Plein Air Festival (October)
39. Peruse the Sedona Arts Festival (October).
40. Tour several galleries at 1st Friday’s in the Galleries
held every month.
41. Take a self-guided tour of Sedona Art Studios.
42. Take a local art class,
43. Grab a sketchbook and draw the red rocks, right from your patio!
44. Take a photography workshop, https://visitsedona.com/search/eyJyZXN1bHRfcGFnZSI6InNlYXJjaCIsImtleXdvcmRzIjoicGhvdG9ncmFwaHkifQ/
45. Take your camera and seek out Coffee Pot, Snoopy Rock, Cathedral Rock, just to name a few.
46. Take your camera and a picnic and visit Crescent Moon, https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/coconino/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=55286&actid=70
SPAS AND YOGA:
47. Sun bathe at Slide Rock State Park.
48. Receive a pedicure and manicure at a local day spa.
49. Receive a spa treatment or book a day of luxury
and pampering at a spa.
50. Take a yoga class.
51. Enjoy the Sedona Yoga Festival (March).
DELVE INTO YOUR SPIRITUALITY:
52. Receive a spiritual reading.
53. Get a photo taken of your aura, https://sedonacrystalvortex.com/sedona-aura-photography-2/
54. Visit one of the Metaphysical or Spiritual Centers.
55. Experience reiki, a hypnosis session, or have your
56. Visit a Vortex,
57. Golf, Sedona’s 18-hole courses.
58. Golf on a public course, http://www.sedonagolfresort.com/index.php
59. Also public, https://www.oakcreekcc.com/
MUSIC AND THEATRE:
60. Enjoy the music presented by Chamber Music Sedona, https://chambermusicsedona.org/
61. Enjoy live entertainment at local businesses.
62. Attend a music event https://azriffs.com/
63. Enjoy Red Rocks Music Festival (September), http://www.redrocksmusicfestival.com/
64. Take in the Sedona Film Festival (February/March), http://www.sedonafilmfestival.org/
WINE AND BEER TOURS:
65. Enjoy authentic German beers and brats at Red Rocks Oktoberfest (October), https://www.redrocksoktoberfest.com/
66. Enjoy Sedona’s very own microbrew, https://www.sedona.net/breweries
67. Visit a winery and/or take a tour, http://sedonawine.tours/
68. Indulge in a glass of wine made in the Verde Valley.
60. Buy souvenirs for folks back home.
70. Explore the many Indian arts and crafts available for purchase.
71. Shop at Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village
72. Shop and enjoy all the services in Uptown Sedona, http://www.bestsedonashopping.com/
73. Explore the rock & mineral shops.
74. Shop at The Collective Sedona in the Village of Oak Creek.
75. Peruse the extensive variety of beading shops.
76. Shop for fine jewelry suiting every pocketbook.
77. Shop at Hillside Sedona.
78. Drive and tour the Red Rock Loop Road, https://www.allsedona.com/scenic_drives/red_rock_loop.php
79. Take a day trip to Jerome.
80. Enjoy a day trip to the Grand Canyon.
81. Visit the Chapel of the Holy Cross.
82. Tour the Village of Oak Creek Drive and tour the Red Rock Loop Road, https://www.allsedona.com/scenic_drives/red_rock_loop.php
83. Visit Montesuma’s anceint ruins, https://www.arizona-leisure.com/montezuma-castle.html
84. Enjoy spectacular sunset view up Airport Road
(watch for the pull-outs).
85. Youngsters will enjoy the Lions Club Playground at the Posse Grounds or the
86. Children can get wet at Sunset Park, http://sedonaaz.gov/your-government/departments/parks-recreation/city-parks/sunset-park
87. Visit Out of Africa Wildlife Park.
88. Enjoy a fun round of challenging mini-golf at
Los Abrigados Resort & Spa.
89. Visit the Sedona Public Library, https://www.sedonalibrary.org/
90. Explore the Sedona Heritage Museum.
91. Enjoy a swim in the Sedona Community Pool at
Posse Grounds Park
92. Fish at the Rainbow Trout Farm, http://sedonarainbowtroutfarm.com/
93. Try stargazing in the dark skies of Sedona; enjoy the
lounge chairs on the patio.
94. Learn about the fascinating geology of Sedona.
95. Look for deals in Sedona here, https://www.groupon.com/local/sedona-az/things-to-do
96. Try Casino Gambling at Cliff Castle Casino.
97. Enjoy “Happy Hour” while the sun sets and
watch the mountains come alive!
DOWN TIME at “THE PAINTED LANAI”:
Learn more about Sedona here, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedona,_Arizona
Explore possibilities of living in Sedona.
98. Email your friends and family some pictures of your holiday.
Enjoy your morning coffee as you marvel at the red
mountains come to life.
99. Enjoy the “golden hour” sunset on the mountains over a
bottle of wine on the patio.
100. Discover the books, puzzles, or games
on our entertainment shelf.
101. Relax and enjoy a prickly pear margarita by the warmth of the firepit and enjoy the mountain views!